Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 1

A little about what I am doing here.  I have been known to preach about Paleo, Primal, Vegetarianism (going back a few years I was vegetarian for 8 years), Crossfit, Soccer, Sprinting, Movnat, Tai Chi, Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fruits, Vegetables, The power of awareness or mindfulness.

Believe it or not I am not a crunchy hippy.

I also do not preach anymore.

I've given up most of my notions that any one thing can heal you or make you more physically fit or in any way superior to anyone else.

The only "health" benefit I subscribe to is daily intermittent fasting.

I've gleaned from Brad Pilon's "Eat Stop Eat" and of course Martin Berkhan's "Leangains". I've merged them into my own style, that is 2 x 24 hour fasts a week, 4 x 16-20 hour fasts and 1 Eat All You Want day.

So far it works.  Quite simply it is easier to not eat for a given time period than it is to delete items from your diet.  I've dropped 30 pounds in 8 months, and maintained muscle mass.  The best part is that daily fasts have become so simple, I don't even think about it, and I certainly don't think about not continuing.  It is to easy, and has so many more health benefits than any other "DIET".

In any case, I am on this blog because I'm frustrated in my pursuit of finding testimonial knowledge on others who practice this lifestyle.  Martin Berkhan's "Leangains" is the best resource available, but he has become preoccupied.  Also, I think, maybe there is more to all of this. I'm not a bodybuilder Brad and Martin. I do exercise, but I try to not think of it as exercise.  A more apt definition is mindful movement. I've hurt and broken down many of my bodyparts (elbows, shoulders, knees) in the pursuit of fitness!

I am not trying to be a health guru, or a mentor, or a scientist.  This is a personal journey blog.  I cannot tell you that Intermittent Fasting will cure diabetes.  I can only relate what it has done for me.

Let's see what we come up with. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment